25/09/2013

Get it on film.

I want to take you on a journey into how my mind works.....here I am sitting in my hotel room in Nice, overlooking the sea and watching the roadies and runners take on the challenge ( cough cough ) of the promenade and my mind is drifting to this weekend's Ride For Michael Sportive I am lucky to be taking part in. ( the 2nd part of my 100 Mile #ride4mb challenge )

Combine that with a rather impressive talk I have just sat through by industry legend John Swainston and I end up back at Chrissie Wellington's book 'A Life without Limits' ( she lived with my Twin sister at Uni! ) and a poem she quote's from a young chap who died too young from ALS.

His name was  Jon "Blazeman" Blais and he said this...

Live…
More than your neighbors.
Unleash yourself upon the world and go places.
Go now.
Giggle, no laugh.
No… stay out past dark,
And bark at the moon like the wild dog that you are.
Understand that this is not a dress rehearsal.
This is it… your life.
Face your fears and live your dreams.
Take it all in.
Yes, every chance you get…
Come close.
And by all means, whatever you do…
Get it on film.


And that is how my mind works and how I plan to live and how I want my kids to live too.

Roll on this weekend and the 60 miles on skinny tyres...

No comments: